Tropical Fiji Escape
You’ve travelled half way across the world; why not explore the jewel of the South Pacific in the beautiful Fiji islands! Relax and unwind in paradise as you visit three incredible tropical islands over 6 days and nights. This is the perfect excursion for eco-lovers; you will have the unique chance to swim with manta rays; visit a local Fijian village and school; discover warm tropical coral reefs on a guided snorkeling trip; and much, much more.
Day 1: Arrival in Nadi and Orientation
Day 1: Arrival in Nadi and Orientation
After your Australian Four-Week Program, take this ideal opportunity to board the plane bound for your Tropical Fiji Escape. ISV’s Excursion Leader will greet you at the airport and transfer you to Smugglers Cove Beach Resort, situated right on the famous Wailoaloa Beach. Smuggler’s Resort has a young and fun atmosphere and you will stay in clean dormitory style accommodation with an ocean front pool, bar & restaurant.
Day 2-4: Island Resort: An Eco-Lover's Paradise
Your first full day begins with a glorious 3-hour boat ride to the Yasawa Islands. Barefoot Island provides an eco-experience where the sand meets your doorstep and the Pacific Ocean laps just meters from your window. Kick off your shoes as you’re greeted by the wonderfully welcoming staff of Barefoot Island, your home for the next three nights. Here you’ll stay in simple 3 or 4 share bures (Fijian huts) right on the beach and enjoy hearty meals outside in the shade for lunch and under the stars at dinner! During the day you can choose to explore one of three beaches (Sunrise, Manta-ray or Sunset beach) which are all part of a protected marine reserve. Chill out in a hammock, go hiking or go on a guided snorkeling safari; the choice is yours.
READ ISV’s BLOG ON THE BAREFOOT ISLAND EXPERIENCE HERE.
Day 2, 3 or 4: Snorkel with Manta Rays
During the months from May to October the warm tropical waters surrounding the island provide the perfect conditions for a plankton feast for the gentle giants of the sea: manta rays. When the opportunity arises during your stay at Barefoot, you will be guided by Barefoot’s onsite marine biologist as you drift leisurely amongst these majestic creatures (later the biologists will give us an informative educational briefing about mantas and the local marine reserve). This is a unique nature-based experience that you’ll never forget! Barefoot supports the Manta Trust in the conservation of manta ray and their habitats, our oceans.
Day 3: Island Village and Fijian School Experience
Travelling by boat to a nearby island in the Yasawas we’ll visit an isolated community. We’ll be invited into a traditional Fijian village to experience how locals live on a daily basis. We’ll also visit a school to meet and interact with Fijian school children. This half day experience will showcase the less-touristic side of Fiji. This activity is always the most popular highlight of Fiji and it gives you a unique insight into local life.
Day 5: Boat Transfer to Coralview Island Resort
Today we say goodbye to Barefoot and travel by ferry deeper into the Yasawa islands. Our destination is the epitome of Fijian hospitality, the all-smiling Coralview Island Resort. Here you’ll experience rich Fijian heritage as you’re welcome into your new island home. Enjoy free snorkel hire to explore the magical island waters of Tavewa Island, relax on the beach, or enjoy one of the many activities on offer this afternoon.
Day 6: Relax in Paradise!
Today is entirely your day. Sleep in to the sounds of the ocean and enjoy the resort’s many optional activities including massage, handicrafts, snorkeling, kayaks and much more. Haven’t had enough adventure on your ISV Program? Then head off early on a Big Fish & Shark Dive Encounter featuring up to 8 species of sharks. Or grab some friends and face the ten-headed god Uluitini who resides inside the limestone Sawa-I-Lau caves. It’s the perfect place for those of you who want to keep busy, or those who want to keep busy relaxing. Your last evening is bound to be a firey send-off!
Day 7: Departure Day
After a relaxing morning it’s time to finish your souvenir shopping, take those final photos, say goodbye to nemo and board the ferry bound for Nadi. Transfer to the airport and it’s time to say Vinaka (thank you) and see you next time to Fiji!
How do I sign up?
To sign up for Fiji, check the “Fiji Excursion” box on your ISV Flight/Options Form.
- The Fiji Excursion is offered for all 4-week Australia program departure dates.
- Due to the exclusiveness of this excursion, spaces are limited and on a first-come first-serve basis
- Participants must take the ISV Group Flight in order to join the Tropical Fiji Escape
- Pricing is based on a minimum of 10 participants which is the minimum number required to run the excursion. Should the minimum sign-ups fall below 10, the ISV office will email current sign-ups with options.
What Does the Fiji Excursion Include?
Your Fiji Excursion price includes:
- 6 days and 6 nights’ accommodations (4-14 share depending on the Resort)
- Most meals provided
- All in-country transport (to/from airport to Wailoaloa beach for Smugglers Resort and ferries to/from Port Denarau to the Barefoot Island Resort and Coralview Island Resort in the Yasawa Island chain)
- Professional ISV Excursion Leader
- Guided Snorkeling, Guided Manta Ray Experience, Half Day Fijian Village Trip (all at Barefoot Island)
- Marine talks by biologists (Barefoot Island)
- Hikes and some watersports equipment.
- Fijian Cultural Lessons, Volleyball, Beach Games
- And much more
Your Fiji Excursion price does not include:
- Additional airfare from Australia (Note: Excursion participants from US/CAN must be on the ISV Group Flight, and UK/Irish participants must take flights coordinated by STA-Travel UK)
- Additional optional activities including but not limited to SCUBA, island cruises, massage, some water-sports, etc.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE NOTE THAT ISV RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE TOUR ITINERARY, ACCOMMODATIONS, MEALS, AND/OR ACTIVITIES WITHOUT NOTICE AS NEEDED.