Sun-swept beaches, mystic temples, smiling faces, lush tropical rainforests and exotic cooking are just a few of the wonders waiting for you in Thailand. This exotic country has the perfect balance of culture and nature and it truly is a place which will capture your heart.
As an ISV volunteer, there is a diversity of opportunities where you can go deeper than being a tourist and actually help conservation and community development efforts designed to address the needs of rural Thai communities and environments.
On your Adventure Tour, you will step out of your comfort zone and experience the incredible cuisine, exhilarating adventure activities and remarkable scenery that is the essence of Thailand. ISV’s Thailand Program will highlight the unique culture and landscapes of the region while allowing you to positively impact a nation struggling to balance developing its communities while conserving fragile ecosystems. After your journey you will be changed forever from the unbelievable places you have seen and the eternally optimistic people you have met!
First 2 weeks
Most projects incorporate elements of both conservation and community development
- Care and rehabilitation of rescued elephants and monkeys
- Construction of schools and playgrounds for impoverished children
- Teaching English to orphaned and underprivileged children
- Community infrastructure improvements such as schools
- Wildlife research and protection
- Protection of vital mangrove ecosystems
- Developing eco-tourism practices for rural communities.
- Sustainable development in rural fishing and hill tribes communities
- Environmental education programs
Second 2 weeks
Immerse yourself in Thailand’s friendly culture and stunning scenery.
- Snorkeling around the blue waters of the Koh Phi Phi Islands
- Full day tree top zip-lining adventure through ancient rain forest
- Sea kayaking around beautiful islands and hidden caves
- Feeding and bathing elephants at an elephant conservation park
- Two day hill-tribe jungle trek to indigenous Hill Tribes in Northern Thailand
- White water rafting the Mae Taeng River
- Thai cooking classes
- Exploring beautiful Khao Sok Lake
Optional 5 day Excursion
After your incredible 4 week program in Thailand, join ISV to experience another spectacular country in Southeast Asia: Cambodia. ISV's 5 day excursion will take you to Siem Reap for a taste of Cambodian culture and history. From here, discover the "lost city" of Angkor Wat, an archaeological masterpiece, UNESCO World Heritage Site, and eighth wonder of the ancient world. With vine covered temples and mystical waterfalls it served as the setting for filming Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Explore the city and surrounding ruins by foot, bicycle and horseback, and visit the incredible floating villages by boat. Wander local markets and sample the tastes and aromas of this exotic region.